Went for late morning ride on Sunday Nov 2, last rain was Friday mid-day.
- For the most part, the higher you get, the better/drier the trail is. Preston from Bail Out up was best, much of it totally dry.
- Bail Out was tough, narrow trail and wet roots on a few of the steep switch backs really made it challenging.
- The lower trails had a fair amount of traffic, bikes and people. NW Timber was clogged at a few points. Little traffic higher up.
- Silent Swamp had some areas of mud, my guess is heavy riding will take its toll on these spots.
- I suspect some trail engineering work and gravel on the muddy spots would really help to keep from damaging trail and keep trails open.
- NWS stats show it was a pretty wet October, and the last week in particular was very wet, so I'm optimistic these trails will be rideable for a good chunk of the wet season.
Submitted by hardtail on 11/03/2014