Last Modified: 9/1/2020
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Options Regarding Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
This Policy does not apply to any sites linked to on evergreenmtb.org, identified by other domain names, or to separate software tools installed at evergreenmtb.org for internal Website functions. Please review the privacy policies of those third parties directly to understand their privacy practices.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information. By accessing the Website, you agree to the terms of this Policy. You should check this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of and understand any changes.
What Information We Collect
Information you provide us
Some of the Services may include features or services that allow you to directly provide us with contact information, such as your full name and email address, and other information about you. This includes the following:
- Contact information when you register for an account on the Site.
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us, including via email, or respond to our communications.
- Basic demographic information when you register or RSVP for an event.
- When you complete a survey or poll administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- When donating, purchasing a membership, or making another financial transaction, your credit card information is collected by our payment processor, who shares the last four digits of your credit card with us. Evergreen does not itself collect or store payment card information.
- Medical or health information that you provide to us, including for your children or others who may attend Evergreen classes or events.
- Information related to your Trailforks (Trailforks.com) account and activity, including but not limited to your username, ride logs, and reports. Evergreen may use this information for volunteer work tracking and recognition.
You may also choose to submit information about yourself via other methods, including: (i) interaction with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos and messages that you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or our Services; or (ii) interaction with our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Information We automatically collect
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes the following:
- Details regarding the device you use to interact with some of our Services, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our Services, such as edits made to the Trail Guide section of the Website.
- Information about how you interact with our emails, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID, username and other information included in your posts.
Information collected by others
If you attend an Evergreen event of any kind, including virtual events, chats, and webinars, other participants or an event leader may take your picture and post about you on this Site or another website. If you have a concern related to your privacy at an event, please contact us.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information We collect from you for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or requests for information.
- To assist with managing your account and membership.
- To thank donors and members.
- To process payments and send service communications.
- To keep a record information of financial contributions and other financial transactions, which are linked with your Evergreen account.
- To manage, operate, and improve the Services, including through understanding our customer base and the effectiveness of our marketing, events, promotional campaigns, and publications.
- To enable us to interact with you, including to send you communications and other materials if you consented to us doing so.
- To understand how users use our Services, including by generating and analyzing statistics.
- To comply with legal requirements; to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal; and protect the rights of Evergreen, you, or others.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information We collect with third parties as outlined below:
- Service Providers. We engage third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf, such as website, software, or data hosting, content management, database management, technical integration, marketing automation, analytics, site optimization, and payment processing. These companies are prohibited from using the information we share with them for any purpose other than providing these services to us.
- Affiliates. We share information with affiliated organizations that sponsor Evergreen events if you sign up for them. This is limited to information necessary for the event, such as name, contact information, race category, and similar information.
- Social Media Platforms. Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Compliance and Harm Prevention. To comply with applicable law; as provided for under contract; to protect the rights of Evergreen, you, or others; or to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third parties.
We may also analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with analytics providers to analyze the usefulness and popularity of various web pages on our site.
Certain information about you may be visible to other users of the Services, including:
- Calendar and Events: When you sign up for a ride, work party, or another event on Our Calendar:
- Your name or username will be visible to others who are logged into the Site.
- Event leaders will be able to email you and see your name, username, email, phone number and emergency contact information.
- Others who have signed up for the same event will be able to email you and may be able to see your email address or username when an email is sent out to participants.
- Registered accountholders can see the names or usernames of event participants.
- Site visitors who are not signed in to an account can see an event leader’s name or username, but none of the participants’ names or usernames.
- Ride Reports: In the Trail Guide section of the Website all editing actions are fully tracked and can be reviewed by a visitor to the Website and by Evergreen staff and Site administrators. In this context, you are identified to other Site users by your username.
- Membership: Ride Leads are able to see if you are an Evergreen member or not.
- Polls: Answers to our polls and surveys are only shared outside Evergreen in an aggregated format such that no information can be tied to an individual respondent.
How We Protect Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information We collect through the Services. While We use these precautions to safeguard your information, We cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases We operate or that are operated on our behalf.
When We transmit highly confidential information over the internet, We protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. We will never ask you for your account password.
We rely on partners to provide many features of our sites and services using data about your use of our Services and other sites. When you use our site, you are agreeing to our use and collection of such data, such as cookies and IP addresses, as described below.
- Site Operations. Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as keeping you logged in to your account and remembering your preferences and settings.
- Remarketing and Advertising. We partner with Google to help us advertise our Services, which involves placing Google cookies on our visitors’ computers. You can learn more about how Google uses this data on their website.
- Social Media. Enabling the sharing of content from our Services through social networking and other sites.
How to manage cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not function properly or be available. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our Services.
You can find information on how to manage cookie settings on certain browsers via the following links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/products/firefox/cookies
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Please note, your browser or device may include "Do Not Track" functionality. At this time, We do not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals.
Options Regarding Your Information
You have the ability to access personal data We hold about you and to update incomplete, incorrect, or outdated personal data. We encourage you to access your data through your profile from time to time to ensure that it is up to date and complete.
To opt out of receiving communications from us, please visit your profile on our Website. Should you have problems, don’t find your concerns addressed in your profile section, or to ask us to remove your information from our systems please contact us.
Our Services are intended for users age 16 and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16 online. If We discover that We have inadvertently collected information submitted by anyone younger than the age of 16, We will delete that information. Please contact us if you are the parent or guardian of a child whose information you believe We may possess.
We offer events and classes for children under 16, and We allow children younger than 16 to attend some general events. In these situations, We may collect information from the children’s parents or guardians (or with those adults’ consent) about children. This information is not sold or disclosed outside of Evergreen.
When We make changes to this Policy, We will update the “last modified” date. If there are dramatic changes, We may post a notice on the Site’s front page or send you an email notification. If you have any questions about this Policy or how it is implemented please contact us.