Code of Conduct
The Evergreen calendar “Calendar” (www.Evergreenmtb.org/calendar) is a feature of the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance website which allows Evergreen community members to post events in a common location that is viewed by the general public to advertise community-wide events. All events submitted to the Calendar are subject to public disclosure under applicable local, state, and/or Federal law. Evergreen reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed a violation of this event calendar policy or any applicable law. Evergreen Staff shall make the final determination as to whether to restrict or remove any content on the Calendar.
Examples of events submitted to the Calendar include events open to the public including; community social events, group rides, local events, and other community activities.
- Informational seminars, clinics, or Chapter board meetings.
- Your real name must be registered and visible to Evergreen staff.
- To enhance the sense of community, we strongly encourage users/ride leaders to use their real names, or first name and last initial, in their web profiles.
- Everything you submit should be your own work - Please don't copy information from other mountain biking websites or from guide books. If copyrighted information is found, it will be deleted.
- Evergreen reserves the right to use any submitted text or images in other ways online and in our marketing materials. Please include your name so we can attribute your work to you.
- Be nice
- Posts containing any of the following shall not be allowed:
- Commercial advertising for products of services.
- Profane language or content.
- Events that promote a specific religious or political activity or belief.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Solicitations of commerce (i.e., yard sales, sidewalk sales, anniversary sales, etc)
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates the legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Information about, or content that encourages, riding, or building illegal trails, or actions that go against known land manager policies.
- Anything that is not appropriate for an all-ages audience.
- Anything that shows blatant disrespect of other people.
- Material that is taken from elsewhere without permission.
- Commercial content that has not been approved in writing by Evergreen staff.
- Political discussions are not relevant to mountain biking.
If you have any questions about the above policies, please contact us.