Tiger Mountain Maintenance 101
Maintenance work parties are in full swing on the Tiger Mountain trail system and your help is needed and greatly appriciated!
Possible work site Joyride
Please give back! The trails you know and love need some general maintenance. The hard fought battle of brushing and clearing debris can be won if we work together.
I will have basic tasks with loppers and leaf rakes and more complicated tasks like brushcutting and hand sawing. Everyone is encouraged to sign up.
When: September 5th Tuesday.
Start time: 9:00 AM at the gate. Feel free to email me directly if you want to stop by while riding and help out for a bit.
End Time: 1:00 PM We may end earlier or later depending on participant availabilty.
Where: Tiger Mountain State Forest at the yellow gate just off HWY 18. ( HERE )
Evergreen will provide the tools. Feel free to bring your own personal tools if you prefer. Loppers, leaf rakes and hand saws are very useful.
What should you bring?
• Food and plenty of water.
• Work boots or tough hiking boots (sturdy footwear)
• Weather appropriate clothing. Check the forcast before heading out.
• Eye protection and work gloves. lots of salmonberry stalks and blackberry stalks.
• Maybe a change of clothes after a fun filled day!
Make sure to check about work location details and riding possibilities.