Come join us for a weekend of building and riding on Orcas Island! Moran State Park has some of the best trails in the Pacific Northwest ranging from flowy singletrack to an amazing jump line from the top of Mount Constitution. This gathering is a long-standing (20ish year) tradition, which includes many groups of Mountain bikers from around the PNW. This is an amazing example of how the volunteer trail work of mountain bikers has re-opened trails which were once closed to us.
We have free camping available on Friday and Saturday night, May 5th - 7th. The main day of trailwork will be Saturday 5/6. We'll meet in the campground (sites 87-96 at the Northend Campground) at 9:00am to start gathering for a day of work. We only have about 20 camping spots available. Anyone is welcome to join for the dig day and ride if you are coming for the day or are staying elsewhere.
This is a very casual weekend, with trail work and riding happening both Saturday and Sunday. Participants should expect to work a total of 8 hours through the weekend. There are several good food options in East Sound (20ish minutes from camp), as well as a grocery store, gas station, etc.
This is an all ages, family friendly event. If you plan on attending, please sign the Evergreen waiver here: https://www.evergreenmtb.org/waiver. Minors must sign the waiver (with their parent or guardian) too!
YOU MUST MAKE A FERRY RESERVATION
The Anacortes to Orcas Ferry is very busy. If you do not have a reservation chances are pretty good you will not get on the boat. Reservations are needed for both directions. You will only pay for the Anacortes to Orcas trip but a reservation for Orcas to Anacortes is needed. Reservations from Orcas to Anacortes on Sunday evening/afternoon fill up very quickly. Reservations are now available. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the ferry reservation process.
1. Please RSVP on this calendar post if you are attending the work party. If you are planning to camp please fill out this form - https://forms.gle/5BAoPmhH5YuXgAuv8
We only have about 20 camping spots available, but anyone is welcome to join for the dig day and ride if you are coming for the day or are staying elsewhere. Check in for reserved campsites begins at 2:30 pm on the schedule day of arrival and check out is at 1 pm on the day of departure.
2. MAKE YOUR FERRY RESERVATION: This fill up early, and unfortunately if you do not have a reservation chances are pretty good you will not get on the boat. Reservations are needed for both directions and can be made online here.
What to bring:
- Car camping gear, including your own food, water, and snacks
- Bike and associated gear
- Food and beverages for the weekend
- Have a favorite trail tool? throw it in
- Clothing for all possible conditions
- A sturdy daypack if you have one
- Camp firewood if you have some
- Your Discover Pass if you have one (not needed to park at camp, required for other parts of the park)
- The whole family!
What Evergreen will Provide:
- A few snacks
- All Tools and gloves
- Safety debrief, a detailed plan and trail building guidance