Join Evergreen's West Sound Chapter for West Fest 2021!
The enduro format is returning to the Port Gamble trails, with more stages and professional timing this year. This year there will be up to five stages of racing depending on the category. Red Tent Timing will be timing the race. Yes, the same people that put on the Cascadia Dirt Cup. They will be providing their expertise and prompt results for some tight racing. The Enduro will traverse the park from the north end to the south end and back, including classics like Ranger, Derailed and more. Up to 13 miles with close to 1500 feet of climbing.
For this year there is no day of registration, only online available through July 29th at 11:59 pm!
What is included as part of the race:
- Professionally timed race by Red Tent Timing
- Well marked course
- Beer tokens for post race (21+)
- Podium swag
- Friendly competition
We will not have a food or water station on course - please have all the food and water you will need to complete the race with you. Expect 2-3 hours to complete the race.
Sport and Expert will be racing all five of the stages and riders should be comfortable with some challenging trail features. There will be some loose and tricky sections to navigate.
Beginner riders have three stages. This category is intended for people recently getting into riding and the trails are moderately challenging.
- Ranger - Beginner, Sport, Expert. Ranger is near the north end of the Park, and is a longtime legacy downhill trail. The stage will start at the beginning of Ranger and end at the road after racing High Life.
- Mordor - Beginner, Sport, Expert. This stage is located in the south end of the park. It is a gravity trail with mostly natural features in tight woods with a short climb in the middle. This stage starts at the beginning of Mordor, and ends with a charge down the road to the finish.
- Big Rose to Drop Trail - Sport, Expert. Big Rose is pretty fast and a bit of a lung pusher. Then into a classic and tight old school feeling trail the squeezes between the trees.
- Derailed - Beginner, Sport, Expert. Derailed is a blue flow trail that has just received a top-to-bottom rebuild.
- Lynx, ending with High Life - Sport, Expert (aka Mycelium on Trailforks). Lynx the farthest north trail. Fast and rough without a lot of berms. This stage will also end on High Life at the same spot as stage 1.
Distance: 10 miles | Climbing: 1,159 ft | Descent: -1,139 ft
Distance: 13 miles | Climbing: 1,364 ft | Descent: -1,366 ft
Course Notes and Marking
We will be out marking the course on Friday morning, the 30th. Expect the course to be fully marked by the afternoon. Please note that the rock roll on Ranger will not be a part of the race this year because of the updated exit of the trail. Thanks four your understanding, and expect great things next year with nest trails to race.
- 7:30-8:30 AM Packet Pickup
- 9:00 - 9:10 AM Rider Meeting
- 9:10 AM Expert Men Off
- 9:20 AM Expert Women
- 9:30 AM Sport Men
- 9:40 AM Sport Women
- 1:00 PM Rider Cut-Off
- 1:15 PM Awards
- Members: $50
- Non-Members: $60
Juniors (up to 18 years old):
- Members: $45
- Non-members: $55
Day-off (on-site) registration:
- Not available - please register in advance online
As we continue planning, we're also requesting help to make this event run smoothly! We'd love your help with the poker race, the beer garden and setup, and we encourage you to sign up for an event-day volunteer spot. Thank you!
S Teekalet Ave, Kingston, WA 98346.
S Teekalet Ave
Kingston, WA 98346