Summary of Position
Join our Team! The Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance seeks an experienced, creative, and collaborative Development Director to help reach its next level of organizational, financial, and member growth. We’re looking for an energetic leader who shares our commitment to the sport of mountain biking and Evergreen’s mission and has a successful track record in directing and implementing fundraising events, campaigns, and programs.
This position builds corporate partnerships and brand recognition and supports Evergreen’s Chapters and volunteers in executing campaigns and events to benefit current and future mountain bikers in WA State. The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director, staff and Evergreen’s Board of Directors to execute all Statewide fundraising and membership campaigns and will foster a collaborative, inclusive, and welcoming approach to organizational development.
Summary of Position
The Development Director is responsible for leading Evergreen’s fundraising and membership needs and oversees communications, marketing, and events to help increase the organization's visibility, community engagement, and corporate partnerships. You will run multi-faceted fundraising campaigns, facilitate the development of both statewide and chapter fundraising events, and build a strong donor community to meet annual membership and fundraising goals. As Development Director, your work will ensure a robust membership program, a compelling volunteer program, and exciting partnerships with outdoor adventure organizations, businesses, and mountain bike industry leaders in WA state.
You are passionate about Evergreen’s vision and mission and committed to building an equitable organization and community. You bring at least five years of leadership and innovation in development and fundraising strategies. And you know how to lead teams and foster employee enthusiasm and growth successfully.
- Are an accomplished fundraiser, preferably with experience in the outdoor adventure sports and/or natural resource conservation industry in either the private or non-profit sector.
- Understand how to instill confidence and inspire people to take action through welcoming and authentic communication that resonates with diverse audiences.
- Love building relationships and are exceptional team leader who loves to support others in reaching their best potential within a culture that thrives on feedback, shared learning, and continual professional development.
Have a strong personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. People with experience in historically marginalized and excluded communities are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time salaried position requiring a willingness to work some evenings and weekends for fundraising and community events, including frequent travel throughout Washington state to visit trail project sites, organizational events, and chapter staff/volunteers.
Development and Fundraising Leadership, Strategy, and Execution
- Establish and implement annual fundraising campaigns and events to support Evergreen’s operations Statewide.
- Develop and manage development program budgets to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
- Support and assist chapters, board members and staff with fundraising coaching, initiatives and development.
- Oversee key staff in communications, membership, marketing and events in a collaborative effort to meet both community engagement and revenue goals.
- Track campaign results and metrics to track fundraising tactics and successes and provide summary reports of campaigns to the ED and Board of Directors.
- Expand initiatives in major gift giving, institutional giving, corporate support, planned giving, family foundations, and grant programs.
- Advise and assist ED, chapter leadership and program staff in researching and submitting grants. Track grant results and successes and manage grant contracts, progress reports, and other needs.
- Oversee implementation of Evergreen’s statewide events, spearhead partner contributions and in-kind donations, and donor recognition/appreciation events with staff, Chapter volunteers and partners.
- Create summary reports of fundraising and contribution events and results for Evergreen’s Annual report.
Marketing and Communications
- Oversee Evergreen’s communication and marketing strategies and staff, to help grow the team and set strategic direction for staffing and execution of the organization’s brand and community identity.
- Create relationships with media, local businesses, local clubs and industry partners to further the reach and promotion of Evergreen’s work.
- Direct Evergreen’s communications staff with a compelling voice for marketing materials, website and social media channels to keep donors and community members engaged and inspired.
- Collaborate with staff and consultants to develop engaging membership and marketing materials for donor outreach, community engagement and membership sales.
- Work closely with leadership to determine strategic communications strategy related to fundraising.
- Ensure Evergreen’s communication, marketing, outreach and events are inviting and welcoming.
- Foster an environment of inclusivity, understanding and engagement for anyone interested in mountain biking, trails, volunteerism, and/or natural resource conservation, particularly within the BIPOC community and for individuals with physical limitations who seek trail experiences with adaptive bikes.
As a lean non-profit organization with a small team, additional duties may be assigned beyond what is listed above according to the organization's needs. Hours are flexible, with occasional evening and weekend work.
- A personal connection to mountain biking, an understanding of the culture, challenges, and benefits of the sport and the community.
- Background and passion for volunteer engagement and coordination skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication, and outreach skills.
- In-person and virtual community event management/production/coordination.
- Skills and passion for social media and marketing.
- Ability to learn new technology and tasks quickly and independently.
- Must pass a background check and have a clean driving record as part of the hiring process.
We're looking for a multi-tasker who loves to ride, get their hands dirty, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines!
Evergreen's Commitment to Diversity and Equity
Evergreen strives to advance equity within its organizational and community culture to become a more inclusive community and ensure a space for everyone who would like to recreate on bikes and on the trails.
Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, gender identity, marital status, military status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking or any other characteristic protected by law. People of color and others with underrepresented identities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please visit our website to learn more about Evergreen's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Reports to: Yvonne Kraus, Executive Director.
Job Locations: Ability to work remotely, with a commitment to work at Evergreen’s office in North Bend, WA, for team collaboration.
Hours/classification: This is a full-time salaried position.
Compensation: Starting salary ranges from $70,000 - $80,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Flexible work schedule, up to 160 hours of accrued paid time off, ten paid holidays, a $30.00 biweekly communication stipend and a $185.00 biweekly medical stipend, travel reimbursement, a one-time $700.00 technology stipend followed by a $500.00 annual technology stipend for upgrades, a $1,500.00 annual continued education reimbursement, and a 401k matching plan.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the link below. Please describe how your experience, interests, and values fit the position in your cover letter. This position is open until filled, and candidates will be considered as they apply.