Spend 5 action-packed days of fun in the woods on a mountain bike! Dominate jumps, rip through dirt, and hammer over roots and rocks just like the pros! Technical trickery, jumps, and drops are just some of the skills we work on in these camps. Each day starts off with skill builders and ends with trail rides. We'll do a hands-on fix-a-flat class and play lots of bike games. Half a day will be spent learning about stewardship and trail maintenance techniques. Be sure to come prepared for lots of fun! Groups will be split by age and ability. Here is an overview of what will be learned throughout the week:
- The Basics: gearing up, braking, shifting, and body position
- Balance: bridges, skinnies, and bike games
- Uphill and Downhill: safer and faster
- Obstacles: logs, roots, and rocks
- Drops and Jumps: small to medium size (1/2 ft - 2 ft high)
- Bike Maintenance: fix-a-flat
- Trail maintenance: learn to preserve your favorite trail
Participants must be 10 years old and up because of the added fitness level and duration of the camps.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Black Diamond Natural Area
Black Diamond, WA