Mountain Bike Skills Classes for All Ages and Abilities!!
Classes Available April through October!
Whether you’re new to mountain biking, an intermediate rider, or an advanced rider with years of experience, we have classes to take your skills to the next level. Choose from classes for kids, women-only and adults of all ages on everything from basic skills to freeride and downhill – plus special clinics with guest instructors.
About the Instructors
All classes are taught by Evergreen’s team of trained and certified volunteer Mountain Bike Instructors. Every instructor has years of riding and teaching experience and many have raced extensively.
Rates for classes, multi-class series, and special clinics vary. Please check specific class listings for exact cost. Evergreen membership is required for some, but not all classes. Evergreen members receive a significant discount on those classes open to non-members.
Class and Cancellation Policies
- ONLY Evergreen MTB Dirt Camps and Special Clinics are refundable (minus administration fee) with 14 days notice prior to the start of the event. Credits may be issued and applied to a future class with appropriate notice - 7 days for camps/clinics, 72 hours for all other classes. Credits must be used during the current season. It cannot be carried over to the following year. See more details on the registration cancellation and refund policy page.
- Class will be canceled if there is heavy rain, high wind, or temperatures below freezing. Light rain is fine. In the event of inclement weather, please check your email the day of class to see if the class has been canceled.
- Additionally, Evergreen reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum number of participants is not met 24 hours before the class. Minimum numbers: Classes = 5 participants, Dirt Camps = 15 participants. Registered participants will be notified and offered a refund or moved to a future class offering.
- Please note we cannot accept ‘drop-ins’ on the day of class. You must register and pay prior to the class to participate. Instructors aren't able to take payment at the time of class.
- Series Classes: Evergreen does not offer make-up classes at this time. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather we will offer a partial refund for canceled classes at the end of the series.
The majority of classes take place at King County’s Duthie Hill Park in Issaquah. In order to make mountain biking more accessible for greater populations, Evergreen MTB will offer limited classes at new locations such as Black Diamond Natural Area in Maple Valley (aka "Summit Ridge/Lake Sawyer"), the City of Redmond’s Bike Park, as well as starting an education program at Swan Creek in Tacoma. Evergreen also offers a youth class-series at Big Finn Hill Park in King County.
Please reference the map below to get more information about these locations, including driving directions.