CrankSisters- Duthie - Beginner/Intermediate
This ride is for beginner and intermediate riders. This is a ride for anyone 18 years or older who identifies as female.
Meet at the shelter in the Duthie clearing at 5:00pm (plan on being in the parking lot by 4:45 so you have time to ride in). Please be on time. If you decide not to come, please text ride leader Wesley Nell at 206-310-9494.
No special pass needed to park here.
Trails: A variety of trails for all level of riders. We will plan on ridings the more xc trails (movin on, bootcamp, deuces wild, etc). Plan to ride for about 2 hours with breaks.
Crank Sisters have a no-drop policy--we will regroup often and adjust the pace based on riders' preference.
If ride is cancelled, it will be posted here by 3pm the day of.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order. If you are not sure, take it to your bike mechanic before the ride.
A helmet is required and please a snack, water, tools, pump/CO2, and a tube that fits your bike, so you can repair a flat tire. Knee & elbow pads are optional.
This ride is limited to 9 participants
Trails are subject to change based on weather, trail conditions, etc Conditions for cancellation: heavy wind, lightning, deep snow. We ride in the rain and cold! If a ride must be cancelled, the ride leader will attempt to notify anyone signed up by 3 pm the day before
While we’re outside in the fresh air, it is important that we take precautions to minimize the risk of spreading COVID. This ride is limited to 9 riders. Sorry, but we can't accept "walk-ons". You do need to sign up here before arriving. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THE RIDE, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR SPOT ONLINE AND/OR CONTACT THE RIDE LEADER ASAP SO THAT YOUR SPOT CAN BE OPENED UP FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
In addition, please read the below carefully.
Before coming to the ride (for both ride leaders & participants):
· Please perform a symptoms self-assessment
o Take your temperature. Do you have a temperature above 100.4?
o Do you have any COVID-related symptoms?
o Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
o If you answer yes to any of these questions, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE RIDE
Expectations for riders & leaders:
· Required equipment: You are expected to bring a mask that can cover mouth and nose, any material is acceptable (state guidelines), gloves (your biking gloves are OK), and eye covering (sunglasses, etc are OK). Please note that without this PPE, we will have to ask you to leave the ride.
· Please bring hand sanitizer to use as needed if touching of a common surface is required
· You will be asked to wear your mask anytime close contact (less than 6ft) is required for an extended period of time (>5 min), including during any bike checks, times when you're stopped for discussion, or if you come into contact with other trail users.
· Please bear with us as we try to navigate group rides during a time of social distancing and additional hygiene. It's a learning process for all of us and we appreciate your flexibility and cooperation.