CANCELLED - Evergreen Crank Sisters Women's Plus Sized, or Just Like a Slower Pace! Tweener (Advanced Beginner - Intermediate) - Capitol Forest Shuttle
Evergreen Crank Sisters Women's Plus Sized, or Just Like a Slower Pace!
THIS RIDE IS CANCELLED - THERE IS A HORSE EVENT ON THE TRAILS THAT DAY - WE WILL RESCHEDULE. THERE WILL BE A INTERMEIDATE-ADVANCED RIDE IN IT'S PLACE.
This ride is for anyone who identifies as female
- This is a tweener ride (advanced beginner to Intermediate). Not suitable for new riders. Although this is a shuttle - it still has some climbing.
- Crank Sisters has a no-drop policy--we will regroup often and adjust the pace based on riders' preference.
- Big thank you to Rachel Mountainbikergirl for co-hosting this ride! We will be joined by some of the local gals as well!
- If you have a 4 (or more) bike rack - please bring it - we will leave cars at the Fall Creek and shuttle up to the top of GL6.
- Please RSVP at least the night before.
- Before you RSVP for this ride, please sign the waiver at https//.www.evergreenmtb.org/my/waiver: Right click and click open in new window: Event Waiver & Release (evergreenmtb.org) This waiver needs to be signed once a year. When you click the link, it will tell you whether you have signed this year. If not, it will give you a link to sign it.”
- Please cancel your RSVP before the ride time if you can’t make the ride. Text the rider leader at the below contact if you have to cancel within two hours of the ride.
- We will be riding Capitol Forest Green Line 6 (GL6) and Little Larch Mountain. These are great trails for advanced beginner to seasoned riders. The climbs are short and the trail has a lot of nice flowy sections. Everything is walkable. The only goal for this ride is to have some fun.
About the Ride/ Grunt Rating:
- The trails have fast and flowy with roots. No big climbs but punchy little hills.
- Take Black Lake Exit off of Hwy 101. Meet at the corner of Waddell Creek Road and Sherman Valley Road. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Waddell+Creek+Rd+SW+%26+Sherman+Valley+Rd+SW,+Washingtonemail@example.com,-123.0716824,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x5491798b818f4d91:0x1c388f528a69701c!8m2!3d46.9464624!4d-123.0694937
- There is no cell service beyond the meeting place - so please don't be late!
- We will shuttle from Fall Creek.
- You need a Discover Pass to park in Capitol Forest (good for Tiger and Raging River too).
Ride leader contact info: Diana Miller (206) 972-2133. (let me know if you have a bike rack that will hold 4 bikes...
- Mountain bike (NO cyclocross, road, hybrid, gravel, etc. bikes) - this is a Mountain bike ride - please bring a mountain bike in good working order, 2 liters of water (plus extra in your vehicle), electrolytes, backpack with some snacks, and spare bike tube. Bring a lunch as well - it is a long day and no food available in the area!
Conditions for cancellation: (heavy wind, lightning, flooding etc.) If a ride must be canceled, the ride leader will attempt to contact anyone signed up by 3pm the day before the ride
Before coming to the ride (for both ride leaders & participants):
- Make sure to fill out our online waiver
- Please perform a COVID symptoms self-assessment
- Do you have any COVID-related symptoms?
- Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- If you answer yes to any of these questions, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE RIDE