Crank Sisters plus sized and/or low fitness gals ride
- Starting time is 5:30pm. Please arrive on time--we cannot wait more than 10 minutes for late arrivers.
- Ride Leader Contact Info: Diana Miller, Once you are signed up, I will contact you with my information.
- Suggested Equipment: mountain bike in good working order, water, backpack with some snacks, and a spare bike tube.
- Crank Sisters has a no-drop policy--we will regroup often and adjust the pace based on riders' preference.
I was cleared June 1st to mountain bike after having ACL surgery. I was mostly off the bike since January. My weight is up a bit and I realized that I don’t tend to join group rides when I’m heavier or lacking any fitness...if you are in the same boat, then this ride is for you. Crank Sisters ride for larger and plus size women and/or for gals that are lacking fitness - these will be slow rides...So fast riders lacking fitness would better fit in other Crank Sisters rides.
We will be riding Soaring Eagle (26015 E. Main Drive, Sammamish WA). This ride can be as short or as long as you'd like. This is a no drop ride! We will plan on a short loop (an easy out for anyone wanting a short ride) and then we can continue onto more loops if people are interested.
Soaring Eagle is great for newer riders and seasoned riders. The climbs are short and the trail has nice flowy sections. Everything is walkable. The only goal for this ride is to get back in the saddle and have some fun.
Make sure to fill out our online waiver
Please perform a symptoms self-assessment
Take your temperature. Do you have a temperature above 100.4?
Do you have any COVID-related symptoms?
Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE RIDE
Expectations for riders & leaders:
- Required Equipment: You are expected to bring a mask that can cover mouth and nose, any material is acceptable. Please note that without this PPE, we will have to ask you to leave the ride
You will be asked to wear your mask anytime close contact (less than 6ft) is required for an extended period of time (>5 min), including during any bike checks, times when you're stopped for discussion, or if you come into contact with other trail users.
Please bear with us as we try to navigate group rides during a time of social distancing and additional hygiene. It's a learning process for all of us and I appreciate your flexibility and cooperation.